Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan
The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP) is a professional accounting body offering qualification and training in management accountancy. It was established in 1951 and was granted statutory status under the Cost and Management Accountants Act of 1966 to regulate the profession of Cost and Management Accounting. ICMAP is a full member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA) and South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA).
Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan mission is to promote and regulate the profession of management accountancy in Pakistan, and to develop and maintain the highest standards of professional competence and ethics. The institute does this by offering a professional qualification program, providing continuing professional development opportunities, and promoting research and best practices in management accounting.
The ICMAP qualification program is a three-level program that covers a wide range of topics in management accounting
- Cost accounting
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Business strategy
- Corporate finance
Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan members are employed in a variety of sectors
They play a vital role in helping organizations to improve their efficiency and profitability, and to make informed business decisions.
Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan also offers a variety of other services to its members
- Continuing professional development courses
- Publications and research
- Networking and social events
- Career guidance and support
ICMAP is a leading professional accounting body in Pakistan, and its members are highly respected by employers and other professionals. The institute plays an important role in the development of the profession of management accountancy in Pakistan, and in helping organizations to improve their performance.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming an ICMAP member:
- Professional recognition: ICMAP members are recognized as qualified and experienced management accountants.
- Career advancement: ICMAP membership can open up doors to new and more senior career opportunities.
- Higher earning potential: ICMAP members typically earn more than their non-member counterparts.
- Continuous professional development: ICMAP offers a variety of CPD opportunities to help its members stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in management accounting.
- Networking opportunities: ICMAP provides its members with opportunities to network with other professionals in the field of management accounting.
- Access to resources: ICMAP members have access to a variety of resources, including publications, research, and online tools.
If you are interested in becoming a management accountant, I encourage you to consider joining ICMAP. It is a leading professional accounting body that can help you to achieve your career goals.