Al-Hamd Islamic University
Al-Hamd Islamic University (AHIU) is a private university located in Islamabad, Pakistan. It was founded in 2004 by the Al-Hamd Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Islamic education and research. AHIU is a chartered university by the Government of Pakistan and is accredited by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
AHIU offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in Islamic studies, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. The university also has a strong focus on research and has published several books and articles in international journals.
Departments at Al-Hamd Islamic University
AHIU has the following departments:
Faculty of Islamic Studies
- Department of Quran and Hadith
- Department of Islamic Law
- Department of Islamic Theology
- Department of Islamic History and Culture
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Arabic Language and Literature
- Department of Urdu Language and Literature
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Political Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of Management Sciences
- Department of Education
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Psychology
Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Microbiology
Mission and Vision of Al-Hamd Islamic University
The mission of Al-Hamd Islamic University is to produce graduates who are well-versed in Islamic knowledge and values, and who are equipped to contribute to the development of society. The vision of AHIU is to be a leading Islamic university in the world, renowned for its academic excellence and its commitment to social responsibility.
Core Values of Al-Hamd Islamic University
- Islamic values: AHIU is committed to promoting Islamic values such as piety, honesty, compassion, and social justice.
- Academic excellence: AHIU strives to provide its students with the highest quality education possible.
- Social responsibility: AHIU is committed to serving the community and contributing to its development.
Achievements of Al-Hamd Islamic University
This University has achieved a number of notable milestones in a short period of time. The university has been ranked among the top 10 private universities in Pakistan by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. AHIU has also been awarded the HEC's Best Research University Award.
In addition, AHIU has established partnerships with a number of leading universities around the world, including the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge, and the University of Chicago. These partnerships provide opportunities for AHIU students and faculty to collaborate on research projects and to study abroad.
Al-Hamd Islamic University is a leading Islamic university in Pakistan that is committed to providing its students with the highest quality education possible. The university has a strong focus on research and has published several books and articles in international journals. AHIU is also committed to serving the community and contributing to its development.