University of Malakand
The University of Malakand (UoM) is a public university located in Chakdara, Lower Dir District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It was established in 2001 and is chartered by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. UoM offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of fields, including arts and humanities, business administration, computer science, engineering, and social sciences.
UoM is committed to providing its students with a high-quality education that prepares them for success in their chosen fields. The university has a team of experienced and qualified faculty members who are dedicated to teaching and mentoring their students. UoM also has a state-of-the-art campus with modern facilities and resources.
UoM is one of the leading public universities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It is known for its academic excellence, research productivity, and student success. UoM graduates are highly sought-after by employers in Pakistan and around the world.
Departments of the University of Malakand
The University of Malakand has the following departments:
- Department of English
- Department of Islamiyat
- Department of Pashto
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Geography
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Education
- Department of Law
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Textile Engineering
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Department of Applied Sciences
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of Humanities and Languages
The University of Malakand offers the following undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Arts and Sciences (BAS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (BSE)
- Bachelor of Textile Engineering (BTE)
- Bachelor of Food Science and Technology (BFST)
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences (BASc)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (BSS)
- Bachelor of Humanities and Languages (BHL)
The University of Malakand offers the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Admission to the University of Malakand
Admission to the University of Malakand is based on merit. Students must meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the program to which they are applying. Students must also pass the entrance exam for the program to which they are applying.
The University of Malakand is a premier institution of higher learning in Pakistan. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of fields. UoM is committed to providing its students with a high-quality education that prepares them for success in their chosen fields. UoM graduates are highly sought-after by employers in Pakistan and around the world.
In addition to its academic excellence and research productivity, UoM is also known for its vibrant student life. The university has a number of student clubs and societies that cater to a variety of interests. UoM also hosts a number of events throughout the year, such as sports tournaments, cultural festivals, and seminars.
The University of Malakand is a great choice for students who are looking for a high-quality education in a supportive and vibrant environment.